17 February, 2009

Life, as I know it.

I'm beginning to wonder what free time is anymore. Three papers due this week--I suppose that is my penance for claiming English as one of my majors. I spoke with my sister on the phone on Saturday and on Skype on Sunday.. it's amazing how, although we are literally thousands of miles apart, I can still hear her voice and see her face as if she were right in front of me. I pray for Day constantly.. that her mission will be fruitful, or that she can at least plant seeds. I have not had much time to write poetry as of late. We crowned a new Lowndes County Junior Miss (2010) last weekend, and this past weekend was Valentine's Day. It's not a real holiday. I despise this day of forced love, PDA, and the idea that men only have to treat women affectionately one day out of the year. That said, my parents and Marilyn and Vic were my valentines. I had a lovely dinner at J. Broussards, and on Monday morning I frequented my habitual coffee shop, Beans and Cream. I woke up at 6:45 AM to do so, which was a trying task, but well worth the effort. It is good for me to be busy because I feel productive and, in turn, I actually possess a happier disposition. Right now, however, I need to brew a fresh pot of coffee.

My thought for the week is that I certainly, irrevocably, and unashamedly distrust all men.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Life has a way (or should I say God has a way) to let you know he is in control and to let you know he loves you and will have a special person he has prepared for you. His timing will make all the difference but until the time is right enjoy your ride and know that not all guys fit into one category!

Day said...

SISTAIR UPDATED HER BLOG!!! talk to you later today!