29 September, 2009

"The Furies"

I seem to have forgotten that my own blog exists. I think it shall remain for the sole purpose of relaying poetry (particularly my favorites--sonnets). Here is one I jotted down quickly during my Honors poetry class:

 

The Furies

Restless, restless, investigating men,

Never-finding, ever-roaming, alone,

I wonder if I’ve come to journey’s end

And fade to gray, where once I’d brightly shone.

Scanning ‘round the room, forever searching,

Soon, so soon now, his face my eyes shall grasp;

And blue lifts up to green, heart lurching

Then falters to a stop, stealing my gasp.

The forbidden fruit beckons near his eyes,

And, mesmerized, I cannot look away;

Drawing ever closer to his pale skies,

Spanning wide and stretching in endless rays.

            And knowing how I’d suffered at the whip,

            I slowly relinquish my hold, and slip—

1 comment:

Laura said...

It's about time you updated your blog!!!!!!!!!!MA